Friday, 22 February 2013

Sold a brooch!

Woke up this morning to find I'd sold this brooch, which I made a couple of years ago. I haven't sold much jewellery recently, so that was a nice Friday morning surprise.

The sparkly part behind the key was actually the start of a bead, only the resin didn't cure properly so it stayed sticky and soft.  Rather than throw it out, I dropped it into the middle of this one, and I think it came out rather well. As I've said before, I love being able to use things up. 

Brooches like this are made front-first in a silicon mould, working in many layers. Because these moulds are usually opaque, you have to trust in yourself that it's going to look good once it's finished. I've ended up with a few duds from time to time for exactly that reason. But when they go right, they look like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment